Saturday, October 16, 2010

One question answered, many more asked

For two weeks I've been wondering.  For two weeks I have been nauseated, lightheaded, overly tired and irritable.  I have been excessively thirsty and living in the bathroom.  All of this was reminiscent of my previous pregnancy, but it had been months of trying and nothing.  I didn't want to get my hopes up (but I had-I had dreams every night this week about taking this pregnancy test and it being positive).  I feared this time would be like the last, waiting over a week past my missed period to get a positive pregnancy test.  Zack thought the same.  In fact, this morning when I said I was going to take one, he said "go ahead, it'll be negative whether you are or you aren't."  So I peed on the stick.  It said wait 3 minutes. In less than one the word "Pregnant" appeared on the screen (I should've bought this brand last time).  Oh my God, it's finally true, I am pregnant with my second child...

So now that that question is answered there are a million more cropping up in my head.  How hard is it going to be to be pregnant and be a working mom?  Will Peyton be agreeable to having a little brother or sister?  We asked him, "do you want a little brother," and he said "Yep."  We asked him "do you want a little sister," and he said "no."  He later changed his answer when asked again.  Will this baby be as good as Peyton?  Will everything go well during the pregnancy?  Will I have another perfect labor and delivery with the midwives?  Will we be able to afford another child?  Where will we put him/her, our house isn't that big?  Etc, etc.

Now I know, it'll all work out.  I know that I should just enjoy the moment.  There is another little person growing inside of me.  That is a miracle and, even after going through it once, so unbelievable.  I think what finally made it possible was a couple of things.  First, my supportive husband, who could see that I was on the brink of insanity with getting no time to myself, who helped work out a schedule that allows for me to go work out and have some alone time every week.  Second, finding a very supportive group of natural mommies from my midwifery who let me know I am not the only one who got pregnant easily the first time and was having trouble the second time.  Peace of mind and rest, I believe, helped me finally succeed at getting pregnant.  It's a long nine months, and I know lots can happen in that time, but I am focused on taking care of me, my growing baby, my precious Peyton and my loving husband.  Our little family is growing and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. Any big change in life leads to a million questions, but you are right, it will all work out. I have to remember that too. Your little family is growing and I couldn't be happier for you! Much love Suela!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.