After being contacted by Payman, one of the owners of the Waterton Tavern, about my blog we had a very civilized discussion about my concerns, to the point of me stating I would go back after the noise issue was resolved. Afterwards it got me to thinking, how did he find my blog in the first place. It's not supposed to be searchable via Google, and my posts on Facebook are supposed to be private, for my friends' eyes only. I can only assume that the reason this ever made it into the general public is that when Facebook changed it's privacy settings, it defaulted to everything being public domain. That being said, I have since made sure that they are back to private, and yet, I continue to receive harassing comments, which tells me that someone has given out my blog address. I can only hope this didn't start from the owner, since I started receiving the comments the day after he contacted me and they haven't stopped. It amazes me how bold people who don't know you will be, being downright mean and hurtful, when it isn't to your face. I'm sure that people wouldn't come up to me on the street and tell me that they feel sorry for my husband, or tell me to leave the community, or that I'm cheap because I think $4 is too much to pay for a pint of Coors Light. This blog is my opinion and it was even stated as such before I started the body of writing. This blog was intended to allow me to vent, be humorous for my friends and family, 99% of which do not live near or even in the same state as the Waterton Tavern, and allow me to write, which is a hobby of mine. I do NOT have too much time on my hands as someone suggested. I work part-time and am a full-time mother. I blog when I feel inspired by something to do so. That would be like me telling someone that they have too much time on their hands because they read a book. Some people read for fun, I write.
The only thing I will apologize for is that it was, no matter how briefly, searchable to the general public. I write this blog for myself and the few friends and family who usually read it. If you don't like my opinion, that's your prerogative, just at it is mine to have my opinions in the first place. I love Roxborough and everything about our community and I'm trying not to let the few nasty, cruel people who felt it was their place to personally attack me, ruin my opinion of the people who live out here. I support our local businesses and hate to see any of them go under, as many have in the past several years.
I will continue to blog and continue to express my opinions as I see fit. If you don't like them, don't read it, but do not attack me or my family because I have an opinion. Everybody does, I just chose to write them down sometimes. And FYI, the friends I do have in Roxborough that know about my blog are throwing a party at the Waterton Tavern, so my friends don't care about my opinions, neither should you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.