I decided to write one final blog about the baby on my blog before giving him/her his/her own blog after we find out if it's a he/she. Friday is the day! We go to see Dr. Hall, one of the OB/Gyns at Swedish Hospital (one of the backups should something go wrong-we hope to never see him again) that did our ultrasound with Peyton, on Friday afternoon. I am hopeful to see a healthy baby and get an answer to the burning question boy or girl.
Lately I have been a lot happier to be pregnant. I'm getting the high that you usually experience around the 5th month of more energy and feeling overall happy about the new baby. I felt it move (we'll refer to he/she as it for the rest of this blog, even though I hate to do it so I don't have to write male/female every time) for the first time at 16 weeks, a full 4 weeks before I ever felt Peyton. Last week Zack was able to feel it move with his hand on my stomach, that's how much and how strong the kicks are already. Some days it moves constantly, others, I'm lucky if I feel one, but those days are getting less and less. I read "Birthing From Within" that really finally gave me that excitement about my pregnancy that I'd been lacking. It reminded me that I am a strong, vibrant woman and that my body is doing something incredible. It got me excited about labor and delivery (yes, I like giving birth and have never been afraid of it) and bonding with our new baby.
I had another midwife appointment last week and all was as it should be. I'm still small for being almost 5 months pregnant with my second baby, but I'm not complaining. As long as everything is OK, I'm good with being small (small heads are even better). I've gained 8.5 pounds so far, right on target. The baby's heart rate was 150 beats per minute, same as the last time. Peyton's was always 165...is that a sign of the sex? Who knows. I met a couple in the waiting room at the appointment that were there for their 24 hour newborn visit and had a son that was only 1 month younger than Peyton will be when the new baby is born. The baby was a girl and the mother's name was Sierra, one of the names we've been tossing around for a girl. Is it a sign? Everyone has an opinion.
So, after we find out the sex of the baby and make that tough decision on a name, baby #2 will have a blog site all its own. I'll send out the request to join it when the time comes. We're planning on doing the same thing we did with Peyton, having my sister or someone update the blog throughout the labor and delivery. I'll also keep the readers posted on pregnancy progress until the time comes. I'm so glad this pregnancy is almost halfway over. I can't wait to meet our new little peanut (who's apparently the size of a bell pepper now).


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.