2010 was a year of change for me and my family. It was a year of loss and a year of gains. As Peyton gets older we continue to adapt and change how we live our lives. I started working more while Peyton started childcare and on October 16th we found out that our lives will be turned upside down yet again come June when a new edition to the family arrives. Overall I would rank it as a good year. Nothing too terrible happened, nothing overly exciting. We took a few vacations to Lafayette for Mardi Gras in February, Moab in April and Longboat Key in the summer, but mostly stayed close to home and enjoyed being a family and getting to know each other better as best we could with keeping alternate working schedules that have Zack and I only off together one day a week.
Some of the things I was striving for in 2010 didn't happen. I attempted to take a photo a day, but that didn't last long as the fatigue of being a working and stay at home parent began to kick in. I had many New Year's resolutions and as usual and none of them were seen completely through, although at least most of them were worked towards. In 2010 we also said goodbye to Zack's Uncle Fred, who passed away from cancer, my Grandpap, who was a whopping 94 years old, and my first baby, Kodi, who we had to put to sleep due to increasingly bad arthritis, territorialness and a minor bite at Peyton. RIP.
I am looking forward to 2011, but am also nervous about the new changes. Zack finished up his MBA in December so we are looking forward to what opportunities it will bring. The baby is due June 23rd and we have an ultrasound scheduled to hopefully find out the sex on Feb 4th. As for what will happen after baby, that will just have to work itself out. There will probably be a lot of working up until that point to try and save as much as possible for maternity leave, but after that, who knows. I'm not making any resolutions except to try to continue to be the best mom and wife I can be (while not losing my mind) and set things in motion for what will hopefully be a career move somewhere down the road.
Here's a few pics of some events from 2010 (maybe in 2011 I'll get a better camera so I can explore my photographic side even more). And maybe in 2011 I will finally figure out how to get pictures where I want them on my blog! So frustrated, they'll just have to be out of order.
 |
| So long Kodi, we miss you |
 |
| Camping |
 |
| Rockies Games |
 |
| Meeting Dinger |
 |
| It's official, there's a bun in the oven |
 |
| Peyton's first visit to a farm |
 |
| Halloween with his buddy Max |
 |
| Denver Light Parade |
 |
| Hudson Gardens lights |
 |
| Peyton had surgery to put tubes in his ears. What a difference it's made. |
 |
| Christmas visit with Zack's family |
 |
| Saints win their first Superbowl |
 |
| Peyton's first haircut with Pawpaw |
 |
| Mardi Gras Lafayette style |
 |
| Peyton started walking! |
 |
| Garden of the Gods with Mom and Cathy |
 |
| Peyton's first Easter egg hunt |
 |
| Peyton's first birthday |
 |
| Moab |
 |
Hiking near Breckenridge with my parents
|
 |
| Spending time in Steamboat |
 |
| Amanda and Matt got married |
 |
| Ahh, Longboat Key |
 |
| Many trips to the zoo |
 |
| Hiking at Flattops |
 |
| Christmas |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.