2010 is 1/3 over, so I thought today would be a good day to go back and look over my New Year's Resolutions and see how I am progressing towards their completion. Considering I could not remember a single one of them didn't bode well. However, upon reading them, they must really be the resolutions that I need to fulfill to make my life more enjoyable because I was working toward them and did not even know it. Let's see how I'm doing.
-OK, so this one is definitely one of the worst. I have bought some scrapbook pages and have taken it out of the closet once or twice and set up on the dining room table, only to put it back in the closet without doing a single thing on multiple occasions. I started organizing pictures into boxes by date and event, only to abandon it and shove it back in the closet too. On a positive note, I did finish Peyton's first year baby book with all his milestones. Whew, at least I did something.
2. Clean and organize the kitchen, office, our bedroom so that everything has a place.
-While Zack was off hunting I went crazy, organizing our kitchen, pantry, scrubbing tile floors on my hands and knees and reorganized our closet and Peyton's. The office is another story. First of all, it is now a guest bedroom, but it is a work in progress. We have bought the equipment to make our printers wireless so we can get rid of the ancient desktop and I am refinishing the desk which will find a new home in our living room. Now the closet in the office...let's not go there.
3. Finish the small remodeling projects in the basement that have been untouched for over a year.
-The road to hell is paved with good intentions. That is my motto for the basement. Multiple times I have planned that this will be THE week. I will finish caulking nail holes, paint doors and door frames, prime and paint wainscoting. Hasn't happened. Chance of it happening is dimming more and more as summer approaches. Maybe this week...
4. Do yoga at least once/wk to increase my flexibility, relax my mind, and prepare the body for baby #2.
-Started this one off really well, haven't done it again in about 2 months. Really, really need to start again, but finding the time is the issue. There's always so much dishes and laundry to do.
5. Get rid of all "chemical" cleaners in the house, switching to all green products.
-I have been switching a little at a time. By the end of the year the transition should be complete.
6. Read for fun.
-Well, this one is up for debate whether or not I have done this. I joined a book club since it seemed the logical place to start only to find I hated the first book. Second book was better, but our book club of four has a really hard time getting together. I have started the Lacuna, by my favorite author, Barbara Kingsolver, but it requires good attention and I've been so tired lately that I can only read a few pages at a time. So if you consider "reading for fun" reading Parenting and Mothering magazine and people's Facebook posts, yes, I am reading for fun.
7. Reach goal weight before getting pregnant and assist Zack with his weight loss by cooking healthier meals and eating out less often.
-Little did I know how much breastfeeding and being very concerned about what my child eats would help me lose weight. Even now, only nursing at night, I continue to lose and I've decided it's not due to eating healthier, it's due to eating less because I am more focused on feeding Peyton a well balanced diet. I eat small meals, and pick at the healthy foods I give him that he's left on his plate. I have become much more experimental with recipes lately and am getting even more into cooking than I was, but eating out continues to be a problem. Only four pounds to go to reach my goal.
8. Begin meditation/self hypnosis practice so it will be second nature if I get pregnant again for my hypnobirthing.
-Yeah, hasn't happened. If I try to meditate, I fall asleep. Maybe when and if Peyton ever decides to sleep at night...
So there you go. 8 resolutions, and at least 6 of them I have attempted to accomplish. Maybe by the end of August, when the year is 2/3 done I'll will have more success to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.