Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Moonlight over the foothills

As I step out onto the deck I can feel the quiet.  A full moon shines overhead and the crickets are chirping.  It's nearly midnight and the air is cool.  Just 2 days ago we were camping at over 10000 feet.  The diversity of Colorado is evident.  We awoke in the morning dew in the mountains.  It was overcast, cold, and as we packed up it began to drizzle.  As we approached Denver on our return the sun broke through and we experienced the beauty of a 75 degree, sunny day.  It provokes the question, is fall on the way?  Are our summer days limited?  Then we awake to another nearly 90 degree day and feel as if summer is completely upon us.  Ah, Colorado in the late summer.  How it teases, how I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you are doing. I have only read Greening My Family which I found similar to the things I do in our family. I will continue to read. I think it is a great way to look back and remember all of the great, fun things that you and your family have done. It's inspiring and wish I had the motivation to do so. Especially now with 3 kids at all different ages. Oh how the time gets away from me.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.