Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer mornings in Colorado

As I head out the door for a morning walk with my child, I am reminded of why I live here.  There is something so peaceful and serene about the sunrise and the awakening of the wildlife.  The summer morning is slightly cool, but warms up quickly as the sun rises in the sky.  As I walk around my neighborhood I see several deer munching on some grass in one of the open spaces, hawks circle overhead and cry out loudly, and tiny birds flit from one tree branch to the next.  I am also joined by the others who love Colorado mornings, joggers, people walking dogs, cyclists, and even some early kids taking advantage of a mostly empty skate park.  The sky is so blue at this altitude and the grass and trees are strikingly green for this late into the summer due to the excess of rain this year.  Soon it will be fall, the grass will brown, the leaves will change and fall, and all too quickly winter will be upon us.  Until then, I will continue to enjoy my mornings, like they are a gift just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.