
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter
I'm happy to report I'm down another 5 pounds and being able to comfortably fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans is just around the corner. I have managed to squeeze myself into a pair of size 4's today, but it's not exactly the fit I would like. Of course I still have the baby flab in my stomach (that definitely does not seem to be springing back as quickly as it did with baby number one) and my thighs are still heavier than I'd like, but I'm getting there thanks to the miracle of breast feeding. I haven't worked out much more and my diet has been slacking the last couple of weeks after doing so well for a while not eating out much and planning all my meals a week ahead of time, but baby girl went on a growth spurt and it made me lose 3 pounds! Her wanting to nurse every 45 minutes melted the weight away, of course it also interfered with my ability to get into a workout routine and has affected my sleep since she's been waking to nurse, which she hadn't done in a while. Going back to work has also thrown things off and my husband has started working 10 hour days, which means it's dark when he gets home so we aren't going for walks or runs. With so many changes it's time to reevaluate my schedule, coordinate with my husband, and get it done. In the meantime, I'm beating myself up mentally for desiring to get back into shape and not following through with what needs to be done, but also giving myself some slack because, hey, my baby is only 3 1/2 months old and I'm only 12 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and 16 from my goal weight. People do a double take at me when I tell them I had a baby 3 months ago and frequently tell me I look good. It's flattering, but in the end it's my opinion of myself that matters and until I can feel like I'm doing everything I can to be my best me, I'll continue to criticize myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.