Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I know January is winding to a close, but I do have some New Year's Resolutions that I have yet to put in writing. Now, I've been carrying these around in my head with me and so far have made good progress towards their accomplishment. Does this tell me I shouldn't write them down because every other year I religiously write them in my journal, and there they stay, never again to be looked at or worked towards? I figure at least here, I will see them weekly, if not daily, to remind myself that in order to get to where I want to be, there's got to be some hard work on the front end. The goal of my resolutions is simple, to make my life easier in the long run, whether it be health, organization, or cleanliness. So here goes:

1. Catch up on photo albums and scrapbooks.
2. Clean and organize the kitchen, office, our bedroom so that everything has a place.
3. Finish the small remodeling projects in the basement that have been untouched for over a year.
4. Do yoga at least once/wk to increase my flexibility, relax my mind, and prepare the body for baby #2.
5. Get rid of all "chemical" cleaners in the house, switching to all green products.
6. Read for fun.
7. Reach goal weight before getting pregnant and assist Zack with his weight loss by cooking healthier meals and eating out less often.
8. Begin meditation/self hypnosis practice so it will be second nature if I get pregnant again for my hypnobirthing.

So those are the biggies. If I can get most of this accomplished this year I will feel more comfortable having a second child knowing that I'm not bringing them into the chaos that was in place before Peyton was born. Wish me luck! The hardest part is that all this has to be accomplished during nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.