First off, I forgot in my post yesterday one of the most important things that we've done since we've been here. Peyton had his first haircut by his Pawpaw, who owns a SMALL barber shop in Lafayette. It was so cute and he was so good. He sat in Daddy's lap and didn't fuss at all.
Today started with snow, of all things. It continued to rain all night and around 8:00 this morning it began to snow. It stuck until it stopped and melted quickly, but still...snow...in Louisiana? Today we had a day with the Rogers, Zack's mother's side of the family. I haven't seen them all in one place since the first time I met everyone, in December of '05. We went to Pizza Village (really damn good pizza with weird, but wonderful toppings). There was Mawmaw Roger, Zack's grandmother, his Parrain, Earnest (that's godfather in Cajun), his Uncle Ricky and his wife Troy Ann, and Ricky's sons "little Ricky" and Glen. It was a good time except Peyton wasn't feeling too hot. I have to speak of the pizza before moving on. It was thin crust. We ordered the "Landry," which was sausage, pepperoni, jalapeno, onion, and shrimp. YUMMY!!! Peyton loved Troy Ann, so I guess he knows a Momma when he sees one (she's a mother of 6). After Pizza Village we napped. A nice, long nap. Zack's at Cajun Field tonight watching the music, specifically Travis Matte, with some of the braver people in the family who didn't mind the cold. I decided to stay in tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a long day and I anticipate many meltdowns by Peyton. I'm not a Zydeco fan anyway.
Until tomorrow...wish us luck, it'll be LONG day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.