Thursday, February 11, 2010

We're not in Colorado anymore...

It's rainy, and cold. Ugh. So far our trip to Lafayette has been a success with Peyton, but unsuccessful weather. Hopefully the weather will clear up this weekend when we start with the outdoor activities. So while we're here I'm going to have to put my photos on hold because I didn't bring my computer to upload to, and I'm a couple of days behind because of illness, but I promise, my pics from this trip will attempt to capture Louisiana at it's best. As I told Zack, I want to approach it "journalistically." I want to show what Louisiana is all about (besides drinking and eating:)) The culture down here is like nowhere else.

Our first day consisted of flying, driving, eating, and sleeping. I was still not feeling great, but the flight was smooth and not full, so Peyton was able to sleep part of the way and sit between us and play the rest of the way. He slept the entire 3 1/2 hour drive from Houston to Lafayette. Once here, the family meeting started. First, Aunt Jessica and his cousins Averie, Marie, and Baylor. Then later he met his Parrain, BJ, his Pawpaw, and Nanny Bobbie. That child has been passed around like crazy, and he LOVES it. Today we went to have lunch with Mrs. Connie (Zack's Mom's childhood best friend, who is a doll), coffee with Maw Maw Roger (pronouced Roshay to those of you non-Louisianans), and then Peyton's cousins (I'm not even going to try to figure out what level of cousins-I think 3rd and 4th) Gwen, Philip, and their daughter Tiffany got into town from Texas. And not to be forgotten, he's been reunited with Mrs. Chris and Mr. Richard, one time Coloradoans (and BJ's in-laws) who recently relocated back to Lafayette. Peyton has loved every minute of it. Even being jumped on and licked to death by the 10 month old Boston Terrier, Maggie. He's getting along great with the other kids and has hardly fussed at all. It really is amazing.

Tomorrow we have few plans during the day, but the night starts the first of the parades. Zack plans on going and Jessica has offered to watch Peyton, but it is supposed to still be cold and will probably be very wet from today's massive amount of rain. From then on the Mardi Gras festivities will be in full swing. Laissez les Bon Temps Roulez.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your input, comments and encouragement below.